Kalfany: 75 Years of History
In honour of its 75th Anniversary, Kalfany celebrated with a big party and looked back at the company’s history. Karl and Franziska (‘Fanny’) Berger founded the company in 1948 under the name ‘Berger-Bonbons’ but soon changed it to ‘Kalfany’ because another company was using it. The name is a combination of Karl’s name and his wife’s nickname. The company began producing the sweets in a 90m shed until it moved into a production facility in München-Allach in 1952. In 1968, the company had a breakthrough with its idea to sell bonbons in tins, thereby making it a pioneer in Germany and creating a new market segment. In 1970, the production was moved to a facility in Müllheim, just south of Freiburg, which was equipped with state-of-the-art technologies. It was fitting for the big jubilee to be held in Müllheim. On 30 June, the company celebrated an extravagant party in the community centre with the employees, the management and many other friends and associates. You can read a full report on Kalfany’s company history in the PSI Journal.
Photo: Kalfany hoists the flag on the occasion of the 75th anniversary. Copyright: Kalfany Süße Werbung GmbH & Co. KG